Welcome to the new website of the Virginia Genealogical Society (VGS)! We are delighted to share our new look with you. Our hope is this site will make it easier for you to find resources to tell the story of your family. Whether or not you are a Society member, we invite you to explore our site.
If you are a member of our Society, please take advantage of content and features which are only offered to members. For example, the new Surname Research
feature gives you an opportunity to share information with other members who are researching a common surname. You may find you share an ancestor with one (or more) of our over fifteen hundred members!
We encourage you to check back often as we add exciting new content. Our website also includes continual updates of genealogical and historical events scheduled in the Commonwealth. Let us know what you think.
Thanks for stopping by.
Virginia Genealogical Society
Virginia Genealogical Society Announces
Spring Into Summer Book Sale!
From 1 June through 31 July 2020, select VGS publications will be deeply discounted. Order early as quantities are limited for some publications.
- Cavaliers and Pioneers (C&P) Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants, Volumes 4 through 8 1732-1782
- Index to Virginia Estates 1800-1865, Volumes 1 through 10
- Index to West Virginia Estates Before 1866, Volumes 1 and 2
- Charlotte County, Virginia, 1816-1850 Marriage Bonds & Ministers’ Returns (with additions to marriages, 1764-1815)
- Claims Presented to the Court of Augusta 1782-1785
- Death Notices from Richmond, Virginia, Newspapers, 1841-1853
- Marriage Notices from Richmond, Virginia, Newspapers, 1841-1853
- Middlesex County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds and Minister Returns, 1740-1852
VGS Members may login to access Members-Only content by selecting Member Login on the left menu or clicking here
Instructions and other information on the website are included in the September/October 2018 issue of The VGS Newsletter.
If you're not a member, consider joining VGS for full access to all of the information available to members and other benefits.
VGS is a registered trademark of the Virginia Genealogical Society.